How Your Business Can Succeed During Uncertain Times
Over the past few weeks, we have all experienced many changes in our world. “Life as usual” is no longer the norm. And with it, “business as usual” now has a new look.
But, during these uncertain times, you can use these changes to your creative advantage! Like Tony Robbins(1) says, “…you have a choice: you can either ride the wave of change or let it crash upon you as you struggle to remain afloat.”
Therefore, now is the time to step up to the challenge, take the bull by the horns, and be an ambitious leader by continuing to create a life and business you love.
Here are three (3) ways your business can succeed during uncertainty…
1.) Go virtual
Many physical stores have closed their doors for an unknown amount of time. And small businesses are not going to be able to operate in the traditional way they have run in the past. But, there is a ray of hope!
Thank goodness this world-crisis is happening at a time when we have access to the internet! Though it would have been better to have had a business game plan mapped out in advance for a time like this, now is the time to put on your thinking cap! And as Jon Acuff says, “It is time to pivot, not panic.”(2)
Your business doesn’t have to stop operating. You don’t have to stop making money. You simply have to run your business in a different way and be creative in how you make money in a new and unique way!
So, let’s start brainstorming:
- How can you take your business online?
- What social media features could you utilize?
- How can you still offer your products and services to people during this unpredictable time?
2.) Offer value for free
People are going to want to keep busy over the next few weeks and they will need something to do! Many families are self-quarantined and are not leaving the house or going out unless absolutely necessary.
With this in mind, think of how you can be of service to your ideal customers and clients during this time. Could you offer a week of free trial classes through a platform like ZOOM or Facebook Live?
- If you’re a baker, teach an online baking class for free!
- If you own a dance studio, teach a class online!
- Do you own a martial arts business; teach a basic class via a ZOOM webinar!
- Are you an artist? Teach some simple techniques to create a pencil or crayon drawing!
- Offer free consultation calls if you are a life coach or therapist.
- Give away a day’s worth of social media content by running a contest.
- Do you play an instrument, do a relaxing mini-concert to help everyone relieve some stress
- Or, if you are a restaurant, deliver food or do take-out!
Get creative and come up with a plan of how you are going to get people to still interact with your business from their home.
3.) Start creating and pumping out content
As you have probably already noticed, everyone is plugged into technology more than ever right now and this is going to continue over the next few weeks. Smartphones, laptops, and TV usage are going up, my friends! What an awesome opportunity for us business owners! This is the time that we need to be creating valuable content for our audience.
Even if you have never posted before, now is the time businesses need to be posting on social media multiple times a day. We need to be going LIVE with Facebook Live or ZOOM. Or making and posting videos on YouTube. Or recording podcast episodes to stay connected to your customers and clients.
Why? Because people have time to consume it all and they are looking for ways to stay occupied and distract them from what is going in the world. Plus, if you are social distancing, you have all the time in the world to work on your business in this way, too.
So, now is the time to “Pivot, not panic!” Start brainstorming! Make a plan! And start implementing that plan! Who knows, you might find that you are having fun serving your community in a different way and will continue on this new adventure once this crisis has finally come to an end!
If you need help or suggestions on how you can weather this storm, give me a call and we can brainstorm together!
Here’s to your success!
- Tony Robbins Blog - https://www.tonyrobbins.com/mind-meaning/certainty-uncertain-times/
- Jon Acuff’s “Get Up” daily inspirational series - https://youtu.be/usVFNVQ3kPI