As business owners,
- We all want to run successful, thriving companies.
- We are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- We believe that our products or services provide real value to our community.
In this post, I will be sharing three things that most great businesses do. I hope this post will inspire you to implement them in the work you are doing in your community.
1.) Great businesses don’t tolerate "good"
- Have you ever heard the quote, “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great?”(1)
In order to stand out and move ahead of your industry competition, you have to be a better player in the field.
This requires you to make some tough calls, like…
- Not using a certain design on social media, because it didn’t deliver the “Wow, that’s great!” factor.
- Not publishing a video on YouTube if the moral of the story didn’t come across in a great
- Not keeping an employee on staff who doesn’t value where they work or the ‘culture’ and goals of your business.
You want to create a great business and that means making short term sacrifices for the long term game plan of your company.
2.) Great businesses know that company culture matters
- The environment that you create around the work you do, will make or break the future outcome of your If your business is still a one-man or woman show, your culture still matters.
To determine what your business culture is, ask yourself:
- How do you feel when you walk into your office for the day?
- What are your core values?
- What is your main “WHY” that makes your business function?
- What “processes” do you have in place to be more efficient?
- What do you do when you have a lack of creativity?
- What do you do when it’s almost 5 o’clock?
It’s all about mindset and values! And your company’s culture matters no matter if it’s just you working for the business or if you have ten employees. You need to create an environment that sets you, your company, and your employees up for success.
Your business needs to create a culture that enables everyone to thrive and this starts with you as the leader of your company. And this is done by establishing core values for how your business will run on a day-to-day basis.
3.) Great businesses care about their customers
- You have a business because of the customers or clients who buy a product or service from you.
Your community needs to be one of your biggest priorities if you have intentions of finding long term success in your industry.
You need to over-deliver, over care, over create, over impress, and over show up for the audience that you have; whether that’s 20 people, 2,000, or 20,000. If you love on your community, they are going to love and support you right back.
Thank you for reading this post. I hope it inspires you to create a life and business that you love!
Feel free to share this content with someone else who could find inspiration from it.
(1) John D. Rockefeller
How Your Business Can Succeed During Uncertain Times
By - Cindi Erickson
How to act, not react, during uncertain times!